Funding for all Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing Hubs across England ended at the end of March 2023.
Wellbeing Matters still offers you individual and team support if you work at Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.
Unfortunately, if you work for other health or social care organisations, the funding changes mean we can’t accept new individual or team support requests after May 2023. However, we have compiled a list of helplines and resources for you, including by some Berkshire employers.
Where to get support
Local mental health support
In an emergency
- Call NHS 111 for physical or mental health emergencies (free, available 24/7)
- Samaritans: call 116 123 (available 24/7)
- SHOUT85258: text 'SHOUT' to 85258 (available 24/7)
Always dial 999 in an emergency or, to contact the Police in a non-emergency, use 101
Support from your employer
Your employer may offer wellbeing support for staff. Here are the details for some Berkshire health and social care organisations. Please note, you may only be able to access the links if you are employed by the organisation - and you may need to be on your work computer.
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
If you work for Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, you can still access individual and team support with Wellbeing Matters in the same way as before. They are now part of your internal Health and Wellbeing team.
See all of the help available, including Wellbeing Matters, Health Assured, Occupational Health, physical health support, financial support, support at work:
- Search "Supporting your wellbeing" on the Nexus intranet, from a Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust laptop or phone.
Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust
Staff directly employed by the Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust (RBFT) can access free, confidential 24/7 support via our Employee Assistance Programme by calling 0800 028 0199.
Alternatively, please download the latest version of our seasonal care packs which outlines the full and extensive list of all Health and Wellbeing support available to staff locally, regionally and nationally.
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust
- For all your wellbeing and support needs, please visit our Frimley Wellbeing Compendium, for information on taking care of yourself, your teams and each other. **Please note update due June 2023 - Here For You and Wellbeing Matters Hubs are no longer available**
- Frimley Health staff have access to Health Assured, Employee Assistance Programme. For free, confidential 24/7 support call 0800 028 0199, or download ‘My Healthy Advantage’ app. Counselling, legal advice, online CBT, trauma-focussed support, relationship counselling. Support for partners and dependents over 16.
- For more detail, see: Signposting for FHFT staff 2023.pdf
- Find your local NHS Talking Therapies service: Enter your GP practice postcode here. For queries, email email@example.com.
SCAS (South Central Ambulance Service)
If you work for SCAS, find wellbeing support at:
- Staff HWBE Portal including contact details for our EAP and Occupational Health provider.
Wokingham Borough Council
If you work for Wokingham Borough Council, here are some wellbeing resources you may find useful.
- Wokingham Borough Council – Wellbeing Hub
- Wokingham Borough Council - Employee Assistance Programme
- Wokingham Borough Council - Mental Health First Aiders
- Wokingham Borough Council – Financial Wellbeing
- Wokingham Borough Council – Physical Wellbeing
- Wokingham Borough Council – Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Wokingham Borough Council – Wellbeing Wednesdays
West Berkshire Council
West Berkshire Council is committed to providing support and opportunities to enable employees to maintain their health, safety and wellbeing at work.
Visit the Staff Wellbeing Hub on the WBC intranet for services, advice, links and resources to support your wellbeing at work.
WBC Wellbeing at Work, please email enquiries to: Employee Wellbeing Business Partner
Bracknell Forest Council
Counselling services: Bracknell Forest Council’s staff support service is an Employee Assistance programme from Vivup. Telephone support is available 24/7 and can be booked online or over the phone.
- Details of how to contact Vivup can be found on your staff counselling intranet page
- Vivup - register for access to support resources
Resources – Bracknell Forest Council staff only
- Stress at work - intranet
- Mental Health First Aid England (MHFA) resources
- Top tips for your wellbeing
- Menopause awareness
- Health and wellbeing information for staff
Please note, this Wellbeing Matters website will be switched off on 30 September 2023.
If you find any of the resources here useful, please copy them and save them locally.
You may also be interested in
- Support for your mental health | Wellbeing Matters (berkshirehealthcare.nhs.uk)
- Other ways we support you | Wellbeing Matters (berkshirehealthcare.nhs.uk)
- Self-care for leaders | Wellbeing Matters (berkshirehealthcare.nhs.uk)